1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

My models will not load into MC or Repetier...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Heisenberg, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

I am having a lot of issues getting my personal prints to load the mesh and to be re-sized so I can print them. After months of replacement parts to get my printer functional; now I am having issues fully testing the machine with my own designs. I am using Geomagic to construct the models and after export in an .stl; it will not load the mesh for my designs without a (Not Responding) prompt and the program freezes. I have tried multiple computers and both Matter Control and RepetierHost with the same results.

I do not know if it is something that I am doing wrong, but I can print designs that are much more complicated from Thingiverse that load and print very quickly. The designs I am using are not that complicated, I do not understand why I can not easily and quickly print them. I did get one design to finally go through but it took over 5 hours to get MC to load and save the re-sized model. Any suggestions?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Run them through NetFabb and have it do a repair? That seems to fix most common issues.
    (the free version of Netfabb)

3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

I will give that a try, hopefully that works. Thanks for the help!

4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

I put the part in Netfabb, but it did not indicate that there were any errors in the model. I did a repair anyways and nothing changed. As far as the model goes; it should be a very simple 5 hour print. There is nothing weird about it that would cause a 3D printing issue. Is there something else I can try with Netfabb or is that simply to make sure the file is 3D print worthy?

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Any chance you can share the model?