1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

My reborn C2

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Daniel Charland, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Daniel Charland

Daniel Charland New Member

92074BF1-B86B-4C6D-B351-866E261D7AEA.jpeg A65863E9-9C35-47C3-B34D-40E233A7B4AD.jpeg Hello everybody. I appologize for my poor english as I am from Quebec Canada. Last week I purchased an non functional C2 (for parts) that was for sale since almost 1 year from local market. I found it in very good physical shape so I decided to make a try to reborn it. The symptoms were that Strip LEDS were ON but nothing else shown signs of life. LCD was black and RPi power LED was OFF. So here are the 4 problems that I found:
    1- C2 capacitor was blasted on LCD board that shorted VCC to GND. This also shorted the VCC to the RPi. Replaced it and LCD became white and RPi power LED came to life. However, there was no activity LED on RPi.
    2- Suspected a RPi microSD card corrupted. Contacted Robo3D support and received a new image a few hours after the request. Really a 5 star technical service! Installed it on a new SD card and the Printer came to life. I was impressed.
    3- Realigned the guide rods to make them touch the limit switchs
    4- The heated was not working. The heater was good (14 ohms resistance check) but there was a break in circuit in the head somewhere. I dismantle the head and reconnected all wires related to the heating element. Heater came back to life.

I printed my first project and I would like to show the results. I know nothing about tuning the printer and I just downloaded the 3DBenchy file and sliced with the built-in app. Here are the results. Temperature was set at 190C. I know that the print is far from perfect and I would appreciate your comments to try to improve the print quality.

Thanks

2. Daniel Charland

Daniel Charland New Member

Here is a picture of the printer itself

Attached Files:

3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

You may want to read the C2 FAQ for good information gathered over the years.

Daniel Charland likes this.