1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

My Robo surprised me this morning

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Rigmarol, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I follow the posts closely and have learned a great deal over the past year or so. Been having a great time.

I hear a lot about z settings, switches, bed leveling and nozzles and settings and so on. Most interesting to me have been what people are seeing regarding "overhangs" issues.

I've printed a couple of overhang torture tests and found my printer did pretty good and moved on. But this morning I was very surprised and pleased by a first time print that would have sworn was impossible.

The model was The Ark of the Coventant (think India Jones or Exodus) just for fun.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:118125

I wasn't paying close attention as it was close to me going to bed and just wanted to print something nice for my desk at work. The print was in two parts the lid upright and the chest upside down with the legs pointing up.

I DID NOT use any supports and the bottom of the box printed almost perfectly with only a few strings on the inside.

I would have sworn the bottom of the box would not print right without support.

Marco Ramirez likes this.
  2. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

It didn't happen unless there are pictures...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Marco Ramirez, WizarDru, Geof and 2 others like this.