1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

NateTheApe's Robo3D R1

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by NateTheApe, Jun 10, 2015.

1. NateTheApe

NateTheApe New Member

I've had my R1 for a little over a week now, and I am loving this thing. Was able to print a spool holders, filament oiler, LCD case for the XXL LCD, and a few little things. The other night I went to print a stand/charger for my Pebble Steel and noticed that everything seemed "squished". I decided to make a few tweaks to the firmware, namely speeding up auto-leveling a bit and disabling turning off Z-Axis, these modification were made from the newest firmware available for the Auto-Leveling Bed w/ 8mm Rods. It could be the fact I was on an older firmware or it could be my tweaks but my prints seem to be much better now. I could have swore that the LCD read "Robo3DR1AutoV2" before, and now it reads "Robo3DR1AutoV5". I printed a Bulbasaur planter for my wife and I, her's before the firmware and mine after. They had the same exact settings but my is clearly slimmer and taller, defiantly more natural looking when you place the two side by side. I'll post the Pebble Steel chargers side by side once the print is finished but for now here is a shot of my Robo as is right now![​IMG]

robert sanchez and Printed Solid like this.
  2. NateTheApe

NateTheApe New Member

Pebble Steel Charging Stand is finished....here are the final results! Guess I should check stuff like firmware before going to town with electronics! :)

Printed both prints using:

Slicer: Cura
    1.2mm Shell Thickness
    10% Fill Density
    200C Print Temp with 50C Bed Temp
    Filament: Hatchbox PLA 1.75mm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KTMDirtFace and Printed Solid like this.
  3. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

what spool holder is that?

4. NateTheApe

NateTheApe New Member