1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Need help for bad quality print (reviving my old Robo3D R1 8mm rod)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by djokdja09, Feb 23, 2017.

1. djokdja09

djokdja09 New Member

my machine is Robo3D R1 with auto leveling and 8mm rod, i havent use it for about 1.5 year because bad nozzle. recently i need that printer to run. i replaced old hexagon nozzle with E3D hotend(cant find another hexagon nozzle in my country). i flashed firmware for R1 autoleveling with 8mm nozzle from this website. giving some grease oil for the threaded rod. i can get it running but the result is pretty much horrible. so i need help to improve my printer output quality. can anyone give me some advice? thanks

im using blue PLA from robo3d with default mattercontrol 1.5 PLA medium quality setting

Capture.PNG
    photo_2017-02-24_14-18-04.jpg photo_2017-02-24_14-17-50.jpg

2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

That upper shell should really be mounted flush to the bottom half of the machine. I'd suspect that the reason you get such bad prints has more to do with the printer not being assembled properly (rods properly in the holes at the inside top of the shell, shell rigidly mounted, etc.) than anything else.

Things really need to be tightened down properly or there are going to be all kinds of easy loose shifting during operations.

Also, leaving a machine lying around for 1.5 years with no lubrication/cleaning is a good way to let critical components seize up.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Or remove it completely. Neither of mine wear a "Top" any longer (nor have they for years).

Shoot the usual suspects:
    1) calibrate the extruder (I'll post video next)
    2) make sure the belts are tight and bearings not sticky (lubricate it). Like @daniel871 pointed out it can be dry at that point.

Geof likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member