1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Netfabb access violation

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nicola Gibson, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Nicola Gibson

Nicola Gibson New Member

Hello!
    Just to outline where I'm up to, I've only been using my printer for a couple of months or so and it's wonderful! I love it. I have started scanning and my first scan (just a test cat skull) was great and I was able to do some basic editing and print it in two halves - lovely! I have been scanning models which I have made myself in sections with the idea I would fix them together and then split them up for printing. I have just had my Mac upgraded so it can perform more easily but there are some problems:
    1) I can't open anything on Netfabb basic without getting some kind of error message. This includes that 'you do not use enhanced display functions' which I have searched and can find nothing about, also 'could not connect (61)' again - no idea! And when I try to open or import an OBJ or STL then I get a message saying 'access violation'
    Meshmixer turns my scans into sphere when I inspect them and they disappear altogether when I repair them.
    I have also got myself mudbox and maya but I'm still very much learning how to use them! I really just want to repair my mesh and make it good so I can use Mudbox feeling confident that my files are okay before I chop them up to print.
    I'd dearly love some help. I'm beginning to feel a bit lost!
    Nicola

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I havnt seen this issue yet with netfabb but ive heard its a glitch.