1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New Maker From Seattle WA

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Apolise, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Apolise

Apolise New Member

Hi All, I'm Tony.

I'm a Software Developer, but consider myself a Costume/Prop Hobbyist as well. My Wife and I do this hobby together, We were walking through Home Depot a few weeks back and saw a 3D Printer, My wife really liked the Idea of being able to print small props/gears and i always wanted one, so she was sold. So did my research and and looking for a nice 3D printer, with a good community/support. that was a Buy/Print(as best as can be done for now), but something i could thinker/fix/upgrade as i go. My Workplace has a Maker Garage that had many different 3D Printers that i got to try out, and ended up finding a few different Reviews/people on Youtube.and @Marquis Johnson video's Ended up Convincing me. Loved the Printer and the prints i was able to do, I have only had it for two weeks and it's currently broken. :|, but working with Support to get replacement parts and looking forward to getting the machine back to 100% again.

These forums have been very helpful to me, and been stalking/fixing my issues as i found them, and after reading many posts from @Mike Kelly and @mark tomlinson and @Marquis Johnson (Who are very Much Awesome and very helpful, i look forward joining a community with people like you guys) and many others. I was able to resolve my issues. I haven't had the need to create a new post as you guys all have detailed videos and descriptions of problems and documented fixes, this process while not smooth for me, has been a wonderful learning experience and a lot of Fun.

I'm currently looking at a getting replacement Hotend, will be upgrading the Threaded/Lead Screws(without Couplers), and have to fix/replace bearings. all these unfortunately failed for me my 2nd week.

So Anyone else in the Seattle Area? I'm new to the Maker/3D community here locally. I started Working on Arduino Development and Neopixels for a friend, and got hooked on those little things. And for fun, Attached is a Picture of a Costume i Made with my wife. A Starcraft 2 Terran Marine.

Attached Files:

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Impressive work! Can't wait to see more. I do love seeing the cosplay stuff. The gmax printer group on facebook is one of my faves for that kind of stuff. Just seems to be a lot of that type of user there.

I think there is a very large population of 3D Printer owners in Seattle. Not sure about Robo specifically, but I think that if you check in with /u/ubermeisters on the 3D Printing subreddit, he can connect you with some local users groups. You could also try checking in with Barnacules Nerdgasm on youtube who is in Seattle and seems to be connected with some other 3D Printing people.