1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New R2 cooling extruder, part design.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CdRsKuLL, Oct 1, 2018.

1. CdRsKuLL

CdRsKuLL Member

Hi all,

I'm starting to think about redesigning a new lower cooling part for the R2. (when I finally get one). I don't want to reinvent the wheel but from all the printers I've had, the small 25mm extruder fan doesn't seem adequate for lower temperature materials.

My idea is to try and squeeze in a 40mm some how, and guide the air through. Failing this, it will be 30mm. Thinking about swapping out the infrared sensor for a pinda too to work with the new spring steel bed. Should be a straightforward swap out. The cooling looks decent, just need to channel it right and not cause thermal errors when it comes on.

It will mean moving things around a little and maybe some firmware changes for offsets etc..

Would appreciate any input and pointers :)

I'm trying to pick up a second hand R2 at the moment, not many around in the UK.

Thanks,

Steve

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There were some adapters made for the hexagon for the R1 series to swap to a 40mm fan.
    Not a bad idea, although heat creep seems to be more of an issue on the R2 than the C2 (my C2 has never had an issue and I have two extruders in there...)

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.