1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New Robo3D R1+ owner

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Hex, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Hex

Hex New Member

Hi all :)

I've had my Robo3d for nearly a week and a half now and I haven't been this genuinely excited about something in a while.

So far I've had very small inconveniences which I have been able to figure out on my own, but other than that I have been printing nearly as much as I can. Soon I think the noise of a 3D printer running will be a new type of white noise. Who needs silly fans or white noise generators when you have a 3D printer :)

Whilst trying to get over the novelty of the thing, while i don't think will truly ever go away I've printed quite a few things...
    - a strange coin or two (from the game Destiny)
    - accessories for the printer itself ( spool holder, tablet holder, and soon a filament oiler)
    - an Ironman glove, fingers and all
    - bottle opener
    - a ghost from Destiny, which turned out too small
    - a high decibel whistle
    - a full scale Thorn, also from destiny

...and that's most of it.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

When I started out I was printing everything I could just to see what I could print but now I get more enjoyment finishing the models. I mean painting or using wood pla and staining them and painting them. It's all good.

Welcome and have fun.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome. I suggest printing out some spare printer parts in between the fun stuff :) let us know if theres anything we can help you with. Dont forget to post some photos in the show and tell section. Destiny house as well lol

5. Hex

Hex New Member

I'm getting to that point. making sure the time used to print it worth it, and finishing items every once in a while too :)

I have printed some accessories, but do you have any recommended spare parts? And will get to uploading some photos soon.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe all or most of the files for our r1 and r1+ plastic parts are available on thingiverse. Its good to have spares :)

7. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Welcome! My first print was a knob for a floor fan that had been missing for years! The wife loved it and it's called our $800 knob.
    Since then I have printed all sorts of useful and fanciful things. I've only been printing a couple of months myself and understand completely the white noise effect. Still learning, nice to know I'm not the only new guy on the block.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit New Member

Nice ideas