1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

NEW Y Axis Linear Motion System and Print Bed Upgrade

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Jerry RoBo 3D, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They'll ship the upgrade soon after they get the glass. They don't give an estimated ship time because they don't know.

Is your printer out of service till you get it or something?

I get your point and frankly I've heard it more times that I care to admit. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it and they don't read the forums so you're wasting your time complaining.

2. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

What? You mean you didn't get the telepathic message? ;)

Also annoying that they sent some of the upgrades way way out of order sequence given the June 24th order above. For all we know they could have lost the orders that were immediately put in when the notice went out.

Mike - sometime venting just makes one feel a bit better.

3. Denys Dmytriyenko

Denys Dmytriyenko Active Member

So, if they lost the initial orders (as SteveC suggests), which they did charge and received money for (!), that's not very good...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They have never lost an order

5. nak1017

nak1017 New Member

I don't think they've lost any orders, I just think they're a small company having trouble growing...
    I am getting my table today after 5 months of waiting, so they're definitely not perfect, but the orders are being sent out.

2 people like this.
  6. Al Booth

Al Booth New Member

Just received my kit. Order # 2427 placed on April 14. Got shipping notice on Tuesday 9/9 and Fedex package today. Long wait but it looks well made and safely packaged.

So don't give up hope.

7. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

April 10th. No word yet.

2 people like this.
  8. Thundersticks

Thundersticks New Member

Mike could you clarify what this recall was and what machines it applied to please! I have searched and can't find any information at all on a recall. Thanks

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We Would Like to Fix Your Bed Wires
    View this email in your browser
    [​IMG]
    Bed Wire/Cable Fix Needed
    Follow up to ROBO 3D Replacing your Bed Wires
    Hi you are receiving this email in regards to some necessary bed wire clip replacements that we must do. There has been an issue with bed wire clips that were on a small batch of machines and we ask that you do not heat your bed until this issue is resolved.

How do we plan on resolving this issue?

1) We will be shipping each and every one of you a box with bubble wrap ready to go. We ask that you remove your heated bed and both sides of the clip (the other clip is attached to the arduino) and put it in the box.

2) There will be a return shipping label in there. Please attach the return the shipping label to the box and drop off at the local fed ex

3) We will repair the bed as soon as we receive it and get it back out the door immediately.

4) Once you receive it back repaired, you will just need to install it and it will be ready to go. Very simple.

This will be the most effective way we insure that there will be absolute no issues. We hope you can comply with this. We do not want to have any bed clips burn out on any more of our customers therefore we want to fix them the best way we know how.

Please expect a package in the mail soon. Thank you!

Copyright © 2014 ROBO 3D, All rights reserved.

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

2 people like this.
  10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That does not apply to printers sent recently since they will have already fixed it.
    So it applied mostly to original R1 units, but the Beta was included as well.

11. Thundersticks

Thundersticks New Member

Okay, thanks. Guess I am outta luck with my original PLA model acrylic bed, don't get anything without asking I guess! Haha.

12. John Rygg

John Rygg Active Member

Can someone point me to the instructions for the heated bed wiring?
    They are referenced in the upgrade instructions. But no link

13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

14. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

As far as the actual wiring... nothing different. The thermistor goes to the t1 (thermistor 0 is hotend) and the bed heater power to D8 (pretty sure). Sanity check it on the RAMPS 1.4 diagram.
    I confirmed it is D8 (yay! memory)

#434 mark tomlinson, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  15. John Rygg

John Rygg Active Member

Thanks for the info!

16. ashokanman

ashokanman New Member

Count me as another April 10th order that's still waiting (patiently). Given that my order number is significantly lower than Al Booth's # 2427 and placed 4 days earlier, I am beginning to get concerned that some orders were "missed". I know this is a pain but it would sure be nice to have some way to check to ensure I/we are actually still in the queue......

2 people like this.
  17. John Rygg

John Rygg Active Member

Mark , I am working on getting the SD card installed to troubleshoot my issues with the my print head going back to the first layer.
    Does the firmware config need to be updated to utilize the SD card ? if so what settings ?
    also what is the latest firmware that is recommended ?

thanks for your help
    John

18. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I do not think the firmware matters for the SD card.

I am totally clueless on what is the current version of the firmware. I think it depends on Autolevel hardware (i.e. if you have it then you use one version, if not you use another). Although, I think @Mike Kelly pointed out that the autolevel version of the firmware will work in a non-autolevel printer you just never want to try and invoke the auto-level :)

I am still on version -> Marlin_2_4_14

But I do not have the autolevel. Now that I understand it doesn't matter I may upgrade myself (there is a version at least as recent as June and there may be a latter one--Mike can comment).

19. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Well, I've gone and requested a refund. I will go a different route. I appreciate that they wanted to "do the right thing" with this upgrade, but waiting 5+ months with zero information about what is going on has finally gotten to me. Most companies charge you when the item is shipped. ROBO charged me when I ordered the upgrade. With the totally inadequate routes of communication into ROBO the company, I sent my request through the "general questions" option. We'll see how that works out. It's really quite disappointing for a company I have had such high hopes for.

20. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I haven't seen any code that makes me believe the SD card has been activated at some point. Pretty sure it's been enabled since day 1, since it works with the LCD.

I just got a new firmware versions for users with the hexagon. There hasn't been a fundamental change since 6_10. The major differences have been

Auto_Level: First firmware with autolevel coordinates, switches Z_min_endstop_invert from False to True. Will no longer work with beta units

_5_29: Minor value tweaks and implementing temp fall watch

_6_10: Adjusted some position values from 5_29

_7_17: Reduced max bed temp to 85 for safety

Robo3dR1v2: Increased max nozzle temp to 290 for hexagons. Firmware name change from R1Auto to just R1

I'm working on implementing this stuff into the wiki so it's not so horribly scattered.

3 people like this.