1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved No motion while extruding, sometimes?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joea, Mar 9, 2022.

1. joea

joea Active Member

Running first prints since changing hobbed bolt, addling LED light strip (wired to +12v on power supply) and replacing the PTFE tube on the E3D v6 hot end.

The "Z-axis offset"off, having remove the hot end to replace the tube (and collet) and addressing the cause of the apparently damage original collet.

The problem is, any test prints I run get offset to the lower left (mostly left) and, while not moving the carriage at all, keeps extruding, leaving a large blob of filament on the bed.

All axis move smoothly and as expected using manual control, via Matter Control. I found the X- axis limit switch appears not to function as expected, not stopping (-) X motion when activated. Even removing the wires and shorting them together has not effect. Open or shorted, no difference. There is voltage on the leads, +4.96 v

Since it homes properly, no noises like it's hammering the side stop, I wonder what's up? Are the axis limits not supposed to work during manual moves?

2. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

Did you test the switch with a continuity tester?

3. joea

joea Active Member

It appears to have been an issue with the X limit switch. seems to be functioning properly now.
    I thought I had posted earlier. Seems the problem was associated with the switch.