1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered none of the axis will move!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by derek greenaway, Apr 24, 2017.

1. derek greenaway

derek greenaway New Member

I have the Robo1+ refurbished and it was working fine. Then after i came back from lunch the z-axis wouldn't go down. However it was still able to go up and the two other axis were fine and were homing normally. I tried updating the firmware and now none of them move...

would really like to be able to use my printer if anyone has any solutions.
    Also, im super awful with programming

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

No clue why you would do that (update the firmware) but let us know EXACTLY what you did and WHICH firmware version you updated to. Be specific, include the link... It is likely you uploaded the incorrect version.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It is never a firmware problem if the printer is working and then suddenly stops working and doing something weird.
    :)

5. derek greenaway

ah okay. yea i see that the switch on the right side is probably about a centimeter away from the part above. so the firmware i installed previously, stupidly i know, was the Marlin 1.0.2-2 release.
    which caused nothing to work. so now, after reading the thread you mentioned above, ive got this firmware installed and x and y are back to normal:
    Auto_Level_7_17_516inch
    however im now able to manually control my z axis and it does go up and down like before. but the swtich on the right side is still not being pressed and when i run a g28 in Mattercontrol, the Z goes upward unless im holding the switch down. i watched the first video in that post and tried rotating the two rods to try and level them but the switch on the right never seems to get pressed no matter which way i spin either of the rods.

I cant post links yet

6. derek greenaway

oh im dumb i think i get how to move the switch upward to the carriage now but i cant quite get the latch to grab the top lip of the carriage. it almost seems like the brass colored nut wont go up any further

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Did you loosen the screw?
    There isn't anything too complicated about it (take some pictures and post -- will make it easier to assist).

Not stupid to install the firmware :)
    Trust me, there is a contingent of people who seem to do their darndest to work around any problem without changing the firmware, but you did not need it for this type of problem.

You should be able to post a picture. If not we can get a couple more posts in and you will be able to

8. derek greenaway

the picture should explain the reason as to why it will be hard to loosen the screw. you can see the latch isnt quite there. notice how the screw is backwards. thats the side of the printer in the background , also.
    IMG_0462.JPG

Attached Files:

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Take the top cover off. Easy to get to all of it then.

10. derek greenaway

just got it working actually! managed to spin the carriage around and unscrew it and move the whole thing up a few mm. my prints are looking kinda stringy though.

However, thanks for you help on the other problem Mark!