1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Nozzle Size in the Software

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cosber, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosber

cosber Active Member

Out of curiosity, what would happen if your nozzle size setting was entered larger than the actual size?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Larger values would over extrude, or jam. Smaller values would under extrude

The nozzle diameter is used to calculate the extrusion volume, which directly affects the feed rate.

3. cosber

cosber Active Member

Thanks Mike. I had hoped my new problem wasn't serious. I loaded a ".fff" file that, was posted in another thread. I didn't notice the setting was for a larger diameter nozzle. The first attempt stopped when the filament pulled out. I thought it had tangled or something. The second attempt it did it again at about the same place the first one did. I monitored the 3rd attempt and at about the same place, the feed gear starting spinning real fast and the filament wasn't feeding. It had retracted but not completely like the other two attempts. I tried pushing it back in manually and it ended up coming out the side. When I get home tonight, I'll enter the correct nozzle settings and hopefully that will take care of it. Hopefully the nozzle isn't clogged!

4. cosber

cosber Active Member

Trying to figure out how that "Unresolved" got on the header. All I did was post a new thread.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

All questions in the troubleshooting sections require a header. You can edit your original thread to append it to solved if you have the answer you wanted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.