1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

OctoPrint 1.3 - staying connected

Discussion in 'Software' started by CDitty, Dec 28, 2016.

1. CDitty

CDitty Member

I have my octoPrint setup and working (mostly), but it seems to be having a connectivity issue after about an hr or so. I'm curious to know what connectivity settings others are using.

Serial: /dev/ttyACM0
    Baud: 9600

I can print fine for small little items, roughly 30 minutes or so, but when it comes to longer, it just disconnects from the printer and I have to reboot the Pi before I can reconnect.

Any thoughts? I'm also posting this in the OctoPrint forums and will update here if I get an answer.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The Arduino will connect at 250000 Baud

3. CDitty

CDitty Member

Awesome. I just had it set to auto and left it at that. Worked last night for the little prints, but today I couldn't connect to it via the internet. Just tried again and success on the first try. Thanks WheresWaldo. You're the man(?) :)

4. CDitty

CDitty Member

That seems to have been it. So far I haven't had any disconnects. But one thing I noticed was that after I cancel a print, I don't have any control over the print head or bed. I have to disconnect and reconnect to get it to be able to move again.

Is that a 1.3 bug or just my luck?