1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Octoprint

Discussion in 'Software' started by keraynopoylos, Oct 19, 2013.

1. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Tried googling andsearching the forum.

Has anyone tried to use Robo3d with Raspberry Pi and Octoprint(successfully or not)?

2. Matthias

Matthias Member

I plan to, whenever I get my printer.

3. Dark09

Dark09 New Member

I've gotten Octoprint working on a Raspberry Pi and PS3 eye-toy. Took a few days to get all the kinks and troubleshooting wifi settings (static IP addressing didn't work with my routers security settings, so I setup a DHCP reservation) to work at boot. The camrea is able to display around ~5 frames/s and the web gui looks pretty decent as well, but I'm still waiting on my printer though, so ... :-/ lol

4. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I briefly looked into doing it, I might still since my pi has just been collecting dust.

5. Matthias

Matthias Member

I have it running with the raspberry pi camera now. All you need is a special build is the mjpg-streamer as there's no standard device driver for the cam working perfectly with the virtual printer :-/

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I had a Pi all set up for it, image downloaded, etc... and then decided once I had the printer to just dock it into a laptop and use that to drive it. My concerns with Octopi were more around the control over the print you (don't) get as opposed to just directly printing from Repetier. I can remote desktop to the laptop and do what I need.

I still have the Pi sitting there with the OcitoPrint loaded on the SD card... also had already 90% configured it -- so I likely will finish it up just to try at some point, but I end up 'fiddling' with the drawings enough before I print to not be certain that OctoPi is the answer for me.