1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved offset issues again

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by colton81, Apr 7, 2017.

1. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Well after about a month with not having to mess with the offset it screwed up again and now i cant get it dialed in at all. if i use the wizzard its off by at leat 3mm and everytime i try to calibrate it through the eeprom it changes heights. I dont know what is going on now cant even print anything

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Flush the EEPROM and start over.
    If you did a firmware update they changed something in how the offset is calculated recently... mine went from -5.x to -19.x so a non-trivial change in behavior

go into the GCode terminal for OctoPrint and do these commands and then redo the wizard:

M502;
    M500;

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If that does not help then you may have a problem with the IR sensor actually detecting the bed...

4. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Ok finally got it at least for the first two test prints im defiantly not updating anymore thanks for the help Mark

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I was astounded that this changed like that myself... It threw a monkey wrench into things for us.
    I can see updating the firmware, but if that update includes pot-holes you are going to drive right through they need to include warnings...

6. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea exactly i really wanted Robo to succeed and see these pronters perform very well but the customer service and the way they send updates out is so bad I have decided to not buy anything from them untill i see a change. Its ashame because they great ideas and printers that perform well but the lack of support and half assing updates is horrible and not worth the money you spend with them

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

@WheresWaldo and myself (and probably others) have discussed the software side of things before and yup -- they don't have a lot of investment in the software (or firmware) side of things. Given the way the newer (C2/R2) model works with the embedded Pi that is rather short-sighted, BUT I like to think it is just hardware engineers not thinking about that side of things enough :)