1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered ok, why am i getting burn filament globs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by eric tobin, Sep 16, 2018.

1. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well it is probably filament that was collecting around the extruder nozzle and then at some point falls onto the print (also related to what is called "Blobs and Zits")
    That happens when you print too hot and when you have over-extrusion (it can also be due to retraction settings so there are some things to play with). Print a temperature tower and see where you should be printing or a small test object (like the dePrin test object on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:66175 about a 20 minute print) and adjust your print temperatures until you have it not looking "melty" :) Here are some related videos:

(stringing and blobbling)
    (tuning filament temp)
    (Calibrate extruder)

#2 mark tomlinson, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

4. S1hane

S1hane New Member

I've had this same problem, reducing the extruder temp and making sure the extruder multiplier calibration was correct pretty much eliminated it. On my R1+ I am generally printing about 10 lower than most people but it seems to come out great! Maybe my sensors are a little off.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Thermistors used in the 3D printers are not super accurate :) They are close at best.

Environment matters a lot too which is why my print temperatures on a printer will not be your best print temperatures. Heck even between my own printers there are different sweet spots.