1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Over all Speed Settings

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jaykav99, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jaykav99

Jaykav99 New Member

I know this must be a broad question but what would be a typical safe print speed for the R2. I have the R1+ right now and would hope I can take advantage of some speed increase with the R2.

I thought i read somewhere, that it can handle about 5 times or so the speed of the R1.

I am sure there tons of other vars to consider. But what are you guys setting as your default right now?

For the most part using simplify 3d as my slicer.

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Kinda depends of the quality you're looking for of course...
    The default profiles are 50mm/s for 0.2mm and 45mm/s for 0.1. I leave it there and then tend to adjust it to somewhere between 120 and 180% on the printer itself once it's running depending on what I see.

3. Jaykav99

Jaykav99 New Member

Sounds like a good rule of thumb to follow...thanks alot.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Gantry style machines are capable of higher speeds typically, This all depends on what you want. Example- Ultimaker states "a well tuned Ultimaker is capable of print speeds of 300mm/s" their profile prints around 50-70 mm/s. There is a vast different between quality and fast prints ;)

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There is less 'slop' in a gantry (and least there should be) certainly less drive lash.

Geof likes this.