1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Park position for homing?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by adikted2astro, Mar 10, 2019.

1. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

Hey guys,

I want to be sure about this before I actually do it. I'm having some problems with homing. Sometimes the printer will home - specifically z-position - about 0.2mm lower (away from the nozzle) than it should. So, when I start prints, guess what? My 1st layer sucks and there goes the print. I'm trying to figure out what is going on and I'm at a loss right now. But I want to change the parking position of the nozzle after it homes. Do I set this in "ENABLED(NOZZLE_PARK_FEATURE)" in the config file?

p.s. I've already replaced the IR sensor and it's still doing the same thing.

#1 adikted2astro, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

?
    Home should be X = 0, Y = 0 and Z = 0 + the Z offset.

3. adikted2astro

Actually, my nozzle homes at the back left side of the bed, not the front left corner. The code I'm using was downloaded from one of the posts, specifically for UBL and MESH.

edit: I guess X=0, and Y=0 are at the back left corner.......but mine is offset on both axes.

#3 adikted2astro, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

If you are using my code in the community thread I purposely homes in the back left corner of the bed. Also the homing is at the top and not the bottom as in Robo's default firmware. If you want it to home back in the original position you need to change these lines in Configuration.h

Code:
    #if ENABLED(Z_SAFE_HOMING)

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT ((X_BED_SIZE) / 8)  // X point for Z homing when homing all axes (G28).  [BH]
      #define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT (((Y_BED_SIZE) - (Y_BED_SIZE) / 8))  // Y point for Z homing when homing all axes (G28).  [BH]
    #endif

back to this
    Code:
    #if ENABLED(Z_SAFE_HOMING)

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT ((X_BED_SIZE) / 2)    // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).
      #define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT ((Y_BED_SIZE) / 2)    // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).
    #endif

That will move the X and Y homing back to the middle of the bed.

If you want Z to move back to the bottom the change this line from
    Code:
    #define Z_HOME_DIR -1  // Home at the top [BH]

back to this
    Code:
    #define Z_HOME_DIR 1  // [robo]

The Nozzle Park feature is not enabled in any version either here on the forums or available from Robo.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. adikted2astro

Thank you. I am using your code, but I don't want to go back to the original home position. I like the bed homing at the top; it makes a LOT more sense than homing the bed at the bottom. Honestly, I just want to offset the x and y positions a bit more than they are right now, so thank you for the info, I appreciate it.