1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Part cooling fan configuration.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Oisin, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Oisin

Oisin Member

I've uploaded a couple of prints I tried today. You can see a banding effect on the venus model and you can see where I am with the overhangs. I sectioned it to 60, 65 and 70 degree angles but the smaller angles are much the same. Maybe someone who knows more than me can advise me on what's going wrong. I re-tightened both the x and y belts before both prints. Both were printed at 0.1mm, 40% cooling and 25mm/s. Trying a second overhang test now with the same settings but 80% cooling.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you know which layers you could set specific processes for each set of layers you want with Simplify3D*.
    Then alter the settings for each process. Go cooler perhaps

*or specific layers for specific models if you have multiple models

3. Oisin

Oisin Member

Hmm. Between when I posted that 6 minutes ago and now I tried another print, only for the hotend to jam. When I pulled the filament out it was like the attached image. Could that mean the hotend is too hot? It's at the recommended temperature of 240 degrees.

I'll try going colder again. It didn't work with 0.2 but it might work with 0.1.

Attached Files:

4. Oisin

Oisin Member

I tried printing at 220C, 25mm/s and 80% cooling. There was no difference between that and 240C, 25mm/s and 40% cooling.

5. Oisin

Oisin Member

PETG. The material from hell combined with the printer from hell. So the recurrent jams might be from heat creep. Can anyone please confirm this from the images attached? My extruder was making a grinding noise and below is what I found when I opened up the feeder. My lovely PTFE tubing ruined :( Made loading filament so much easier. Why would 235C cause so many issues? The E3D V6 should easily be able to handle that. I'm spending far too much time and money on this. Does anyone have any further advice on how to print with this stuff?

I also had to go back to using my z-endstops instead of the IR sensor. So back to 30 minutes of guessing a z-offset whenever I want to start a print. I need to find a bracket that lets me mount the IR sensor to the side of my Robo. Should have gotten a Prusa.

Attached Files:

6. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

Where did you find the ring fan shroud for robo 3d

7. Oisin

Oisin Member