1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered PETG bed adhesion and/or oozing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by user90983, Jan 14, 2017.

1. user90983

user90983 New Member

My Robo 3D Plus works well with PLA, but I was only able to get the color white with PETG, so I'm trying that.

I followed some instructions I read about using 250*C with a 90*C bed for the first layer, no cooling, then 245 or 240*C with 80*C after that. I'm observing the following however: [​IMG]

It looks like the material is oozing and following the nozzle, and it's either being pulled off the bed by the strands or it's curling up. I'm using gluestick on the bed.

This is PETG from Microcenter.

Any idea why?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Probably a bit hot at a guess. You need to use a small test print to test temperatures on virtually every spool :)

3. user90983

user90983 New Member

I tried the calibration circle that comes with MatterControl with those settings, and it seemed to work well, though I did notice some stringiness. I could try a bit cooler and see, thanks.

4. m4r1n5

m4r1n5 Member

Mine kept coming of the bed. I put blue tape down, lightly sanded the top, gave a setting of 243/80. Now I have a hard time getting it off the bed and a lot of stringyness. I also covered my printer with Styrofoam insulation from home depot to keep in the heat and no fan on any layer

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Likely too much Z-Offset, against my better judgement, I would suggest moving the nozzle some fractional number closer to the bed by changing the M565 command in your startup script. Remember for M565 more negative means further away.