1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

pogo pins burnt out

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wthierry, Jul 5, 2018.

1. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

ive been using the printer a couple times a week for a while now, then yesterday I smelled magic smoke escaping and saw this: what can I do from this point?

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Search will show you many threads on this (included below) but the solution has been as always -- do the PoGo pin elimination upgrade. They have a kit that gets rid of them, you need to set up a call with a tier-2 technician and move this along. Use the Support form on their website to schedule a tech.

1. POGO Pins again!
      OK. So I see there is a defect with the pins.. I have a call into support for a new bed. In the meantime can someone repost where you can buy some...
      Thread by: bdk127, Jan 14, 2018, 30 replies, in forum: Troubleshooting
    2. [​IMG]
      Thread
      pogo pins burnt out
      ive been using the printer a couple times a week for a while now, then yesterday I smelled magic smoke escaping and saw this: what can I do from...
      Thread by: wthierry, 9 minutes ago, 0 replies, in forum: Troubleshooting
    3. [​IMG]
      Thread
      Pogo Pins... Again.
      <mumble, grumble...> I just put in a request for a new pogo-pin board. Again. Known, issue, known solution. I even know exactly what I want to...
      Thread by: Seamus, Sep 13, 2017, 15 replies, in forum: Troubleshooting
    4. [​IMG]
      Thread
      "Unhandled Communication Error" and bed pogo pins
      ...other poster, however, I am unable to restore full travel to my pogo pins, and my printer remains out of commission. The moving contacts...
      Thread by: Seamus, Jun 21, 2017, 6 replies, in forum: Troubleshooting
    5. [​IMG]
      My R2 heated bed has the Pogo Pins problem and is loosing connection like some others on here. I've attached some pictures to show it, the spring...
      Post by: Brandon Groves, Jul 19, 2017 in forum: Troubleshooting
    6. [​IMG]
      Well, it finally happened today 2hrs into a 10hr print. The pogo pins gave way :( On the bed negative side so far. Print stopped after it could...
      Post by: jscottb, Nov 12, 2017 in forum: Troubleshooting
    7. [​IMG]
      Probably your pogo-pins are going south.
      Post by: mark tomlinson, Jul 23, 2017 in forum: Show and Tell

3. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

Im confused as to why they wouldnt offer a replacment part on the store. I would rather pay and have it shipped instead of trying to get in touch with tier 2 support. They tell me 24-48 hours before I get contacted. This really puts a halt on any work I wanted to do on the printer while on vacation. Thanks for wasting my time Robo! If this is such a common problem, they should have a set of links in troubleshooting that get you to the point to submit for a replacment by uploading some photos..... Nah, that would be too easy for the customers to get problems taken care of....

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You should have this conversation with Robo. We other owners can sympathize, but we can't get you a replacement :)
    Let them know how you feel.

5. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

Ive been in touch, just frustrated

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is understandable. Trust me, we FEEL your pain

7. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

I did order one, when Tier 2 gets in touch with me, maybe they will send another, I just cant be down that long.... Havent heard back from them yet.

8. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

The new bed removes the ability to easily remove the bed at print complete. You'd have to pull the plug to remove the bed, and it's not easy to reach behind a large print to get to it.

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Same issue they had with the R1 initially it also had a connector to remove the bed and ... had problems :)