1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Poly maker Lite Materials

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by Geof, May 30, 2017.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

polymaker has a new budget line. Prime 1kg spools 25.00 (yes 1 kg not 750).

I've ordered two spools to test. I'm sure it will be just fine, it's poly maker. :)

https://www.amazon.com/PolyLite-Pri...TF8&qid=1496192036&sr=8-15&keywords=Polymaker

I do have the poly smoother and poly smooth material so will be doing a thread on that soonish.

Not affiliated with polymaker in anyway and these are not endorsements ( I don't get anything from anyone purchasing ) just spreading the word on name brand budget filament that may be good quality :D

tommy_3d and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

So been testing off and on with my Type A. Its cheap...its a full KG...but thats about all I like about it. its got a Matt finish and to me it leaves a less than desirable surface finish. I'll move it around to a few different machines but not a huge fan (will add pics at some point as well)

3. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

How does it compare to Makergeek's PLA (single 1kg spools are the same price, but "bulk" pricing for 4-or-more drops it to $15)?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ive never used makergeeks. After a month of waiting i cancelled my order. I do this as a buisness. Anymore than a few days is out of line for me

5. daniel871

What did you order? Because the only time I've had that issue is when I did the random grab bag. Regular filament ordering from a specific item page shipped pretty quickly.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the order was 5 spools ABS, 5 PETG, 5 PLA. Cancelled like I said. dont think it was a package deal of any sorts, just in my trials of testing out different vendors and they lost terribly. (this was sometime last year)

7. daniel871

Well, they're supposedly in the midst of transitioning their inventory management/production system over to an actual, proper system instead of "office clerk with Excel" so they should start getting better whenever they get that sorted out.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

:D they've already lost my buisness :D plenty of good vendors out there where you dont have to deal with that nonsense

9. tommy_3d

tommy_3d New Member

It is good filament, and price not expensive as before