1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Print failure analysis anyone?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dcbarry, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dcbarry

Dcbarry New Member

Would appreciate ideas on what went wrong here. After finally having a few relative successes with smaller parts of the R1 from Mike Kelley's Thingiverse posting (examples included), I decided to print a 5 hour "monster" overnight, the X axis motor mount.

I'm using a stock R1 (non plus). I am printing this on a "medium setting / PLA" settings with the current version of the Robo version of the Matter Hacker software . The only changes I made were to accommodate the Z-axis, and to add a raft and change the infill to 75%.

The raft and initial layers seemed to get started OK, although that's harder to see, so after 10 minutes I walked away. But I'm guessing about 20 minutes after I walked away it all went south. You can see there is a middle portion that looked normal, but then it all falls apart again.

As a side note, I'm printing this direct from the SD card, so not a PC communications issue.

Attached Files:

#1 Dcbarry, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I assume you have printed taller models before without any issues. At a wild guess "PLA Microclogs"
    If this is something that repeatedly happens exactly the same for that model with every attempt then a model issue would be my next guess (although I know Mike's models are fine so ... not likely it) or the slicer having issues (try a different one).

3. Dcbarry

Dcbarry New Member

Meant to close out thread earlier, Cleared up major problems after completely resetting the matter control settings. No longer getting prints that look like winter snowscape scenes, must have been a settings glitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.