1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Print failure at exact layer.. What is going on? Completely lost...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Psychophoria, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Psychophoria

Psychophoria Member

Hey guys.
    Have no idea what's going on, and have no where else to go...
    Been 3D printing for years now, and have never come across an issue like this.

Printing PLA (Multiple brands) @ 210C-215C (and everywhere in between).... Current print is 100% infill, although most is support material.
    Currently printing via SD card.
    Simplify3D.

After "X" layers, suddenly the print fails.. Gaps form in the print, layer adhesion fails, it's as if there's not enough filament going through the extruder. I'm beyond confused.
    I'm usually able to research the problem online, and have it resolved - but this time it is different.
    I've gone through over 3KG of filament, and every time at a random layer the print fails.
    The pictures I've uploaded are the case for the last many attempts.
    Can anyone please give me some insight..?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone has ANY information on what may be going on, please let me know.
    I'm completely at a loss.
    Every time, it fails at a very specific layer height.
    I have never seen this before, and I cannot find any further information online.
    It's almost as if it's a software bug.

Edit: I just attempted another print, and aborted..
    The loose/faulty layers (about 20 layers) were bound between normal layers like a sandwich.
    This is absolutely bizarre...
    Please help me...

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, for starters create a new profile if you haven't already... that will eliminate a bum setting in the profile being the issue (for example maybe temperature is changing at a given layer or something odd -- just start fresh).

Also, loop in their support folks. They are the experts on that :)
    While waiting I would try another slicer just to rule out a model issue and see if there is anything funky it does.