1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Print head clicking

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by danjomite, Jun 14, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good question on the nozzle size. Anything is possible. You can measure an extruded strand and get a rough idea of how large it is. It will NOT be accurate because most filament expands on extrusion.

You can certainly slow down the overall print speed (not the feedrate) and see if that makes a difference. It could just be a partially clogged nozzle or a defective hotend.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

cut the print speed dramatically and see if it improves. That is at least a valuable data point.

3. sgomes

sgomes Active Member

Have you tried printing with the door open and the heat bed off (after the first few layers, perhaps) to reduce the chances of heat creep?

4. danjomite

danjomite New Member

I'll try that next! At the moment I've tried increasing the retraction minimum distance and will see how it goes.

5. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Yeah, loosen the set screw and move the belt cog forward a small (1mm) amount toward the front. I was having the noise but only when the thing went from right to left. Same motion but left to right made no noise. Somewhere I have a thread on here about it, but I’m mobile now and can’t easily search.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. danjomite

danjomite New Member

Cleaning the nozzle didn't fix it. I did find that the nozzle extrusion hole is slightly bent so it's not perfectly round (almost D shaped). Not sure how that happened but I suppose that could be the cause. I have some spare e3d nozzles that I'll try and see.

7. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

Can you elaborate on this a little. There are several belts in this thing. I want to make sure I adjust the right one.