1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Print head stopping on print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Paul1967, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

When ever I print something, I have been getting this dimple like on the print. Its located in the same place for every individual print. If I was to print multiple items, it would only do it on the last finished item.

after close observations, it seems that when the print job finishes, the extruder sits there and the print head is touching the project cause what I would call a dimple. I tried the coasting and extracting settings, but so far no luck with it?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

That is an OctoPrint issue, when it transitions from running g-code in your model file to running it's own scripts for end of print or canceled print there is a pause. To prevent this from happening you need to modify your slicer ending g-code to move the head away from the print in either a horizontal and or vertical direction. To actually do this will depend on which slicer you use, each one places the end g-code scripting in different settings locations.

3. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

I believe I have found the area you mentioned, but not sure what script to use?
    Machine Settings.PNG OctoPrint Settings.PNG

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Add

G28 X0 Y0
    ;home X and Y

to the END GCODE script

That will home X/Y (but NOT Z to avoid collisions)