1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Print is good, except the bottom

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by aznhlfan, Oct 23, 2017.

1. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

My prints are coming out great, water tight and no problems. The only issues I can't figure out is the bottom of the print, comes out wonky (as shown below). I have tried a cooler nozzle temp., a hotter nozzle temp., cooler bed temp., warmer bed temp. I can't figure it out, I use Hatchbox PLA, Aquanet hair spray, clean the bed with alcohol every 3 prints. I use Cura for my slicer, z offset is at .90 (tried lower and higher settings, and this seemed the best). Esteps are 820.[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like a first layer inconsistency. Are you sure your not to far away or to close? its very hard (very very hard) to see what you mean in the photo? How about a picture of the first layer printing?

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

So there are two ways to address this, one would be Z Offset if you can lower it several hundredths of a mm then it will print the first layer closer to the bed and spread out the filament a bit more. The second way and the way I prefer to do it, if I know the first layer is exactly the size I asked for, most slicers will let you change the first layer extrusion multiplier or first layer width (for all intents and purposes they do the same thing). You can increase it to make sure it squirts out just a bit more plastic for layer one.

Geof likes this.
  4. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

The first layer extrusion is set to 110, go more? Maybe by 5's?

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I would try a test print at 115%

Geof likes this.
  6. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

Testing a print at 115 now

Geof likes this.