Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by xfire_dragonx, Nov 8, 2018.
Only changed the 2 files provided in the link.
also notice updated arduino as well
Where/what firmware did you upload?
You would not have uploaded it if it was exactly the same
Robo3dr1v3 firmware. + sdbase file.h and cpp
OK... so you didn't change anything? Not sure why to reflash it then.
Nothing really has changed in the R1+ firmware since v2
They updated the version with nothing really done
Is it on the bed at that point? If not @WheresWaldo is right and one of the Z switches is likely mispositioned
I had the r1 plus firmware before this.
Had the r1 plus firmware before this
Probably was v2 at that point so no real reason to do an update, but shouldn't matter since there is nothing really to speak of different with the stock v3 version
Why not include a video of the startup process where it goes through the autoleveling as well.
Sure, that is possible too. Anything that breaks/makes the circuit (they are just switches that open and close)
Point me to exactly the firmware you uploaded. Where did you get it?
the r1 plus v2 firmware, got it from the robo 3d download software. I had the v2 running with now issues for quite some time, then recently the z axis was not executing properly. Now I switched back to the robo3d r1, having issues.
when the machine pauses, I lifted both sides to check and the machine stops humming. Both switches are clearly compressed by the brackets on both sides of the bridge. Do i have to reverse the wiring on the board? The issue is with the z switches. Also when i use the controller to move the z axis it works fine in 0.1 or 1mm increments.
Well Z axis issues are almost never going to be a firmware problem if you didn't update it
Sounds more like a stepper driver, a stepper motor or the RAMPS was having some problems
Not if you did not change anything related to that in the firmware.
They should already be set for INVERTED logic in the Configuration.h (i.e. closed is normal, open is HOMED)
That is why I wanted the exact file you downloaded because not all of the Robo firmware is the same The beta (for example) their first R1 style machine did NOT have an inverted Z axis switch (and it only had one). So if you somehow got the wrong flavor of firmware loaded weird things will ensue.
Plus there are some user built versions (non-stock) floating around here and it would be easy to download one of those thinking it was Robo and .. .no. They will work, but they are not stock and might require other things fiddled with.
Before i played with my firmware, i was printing with exception of the z axis being off. I know it's not the motors, that leaves limit switches, board.
Ultimately these are not super complicated machines and the one part that can be a stumbling block is the firmware (only because there are so very many knobs to turn and buttons to push if you start editing the configuration file).
Either way we can get you sorted or get you to where you sort it yourself really since all we can do is advise
I did a board wipe, re uploaded the robo 3d r1 v3 firmware. Checked z axis via controller and the motors a fine.
Auto home is the issue, at the pause if i lift the carriage on one side the z axis moves up. also I bring teh nozzle down to the bed, turn off the unit. when i turn on the unit i see that the nozzle is zero, but when i move the z axis up it goes up and that's zero all of a sudden.
Not sure what "auto home" is unless you are referring to something on the LCD or in a host program.
If you are then .. don't use that button
Home it via GCode in the slicer or via a host program (a la MatterControl). We can look at where in the firmware that command is implemented (each LCD has its own code) but that may not be easy to change.