1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Print Shifting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KCOQUILLARD, Oct 24, 2017.

1. KCOQUILLARD

KCOQUILLARD New Member

I have been trying to print an part that I scaled up 200% and it is an 34 hour print.

The problem I'm having is the layers are shifting. I have read the other shifting threads and nothing seems to be the same as mine. I have tried the print 3 times and all 3 time the shift happened at different times, distances and axis of the print. It seems each time I try it makes it further then the last print.

The 1st time the shift happened around 3 hours in (shifted left to right), 2nd time was around 12 hours (front to back) and the 3rd time it made at 25 hours (right to left).

The smaller printed item all printed well and all the other upscale parts have printed perfectly.

Any help would be appreciative. Trying to finish a Halloween skeleton with pumpkin head.

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Likely a loose component, belt, set screw, wiring getting in the way? If its shifting on all axis like your saying then I'd start with the set screws on the timing pulleys and then check belt tension.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There you have it, one of those :) When he says "Set screw" he means the one on the drive motor cog that pushes and pulls the belt.

Geof likes this.