1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Print Sliding post-hot end replacement

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ltlderek, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ltlderek

ltlderek New Member

Hi Everyone.

Ok, let me try to give you the cliff notes of what's going on:

- My hot end (original Robo 3D R1 part) finally became clogged to the point of no return. I replaced this bit with the one offered on the website. Great! Except my next problem was that none of the filament was able to actually be threaded into the new Hot End. It was being grinded away at the Hobbed Bolt. After replacing the Hobbed Bolt (from Robo3D) I am now able to extrude manually (If I send an extrude command through matter control, Cura, etc) but during actual prints no filament is actually extruded. It'll grind up a little bit on the Hobbed Bolt but not as drastic.

Any thoughts?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Season the hotend for starters since it is quite easy and will help with PLA and not hurt any filament type.

Secondly make sure the Z offset is correct. Otherwise the nozzle could be flush against the glass (or way too close at least) and then you will not be able to extrude. This is probably the actual issue.

3. ltlderek

ltlderek New Member

Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home next. Any preference of program to do this with? and when you say "Season the Hotend" , just run it through its paces right?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

#4 mark tomlinson, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017