1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer feet mod from tonycstech

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Denys Dmytriyenko, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Denys Dmytriyenko

Denys Dmytriyenko Active Member

@tonycstech, et al,

Last night I tried printing RoBo 3D Printer Feet mod from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:217346

It was late night and I didn't notice that Slic3r generated 4 corner slabs of plastic w/o the top grooves. I only found out the results in the morning after 8 hours of printing...

So, my question is - what setting am I missing in Slic3r to get those top grooves printed properly? Let me know if you need pictures to understand what got wrong... I've previously printed w/o infill to get hollow objects like vases, which otherwise would print as a solid slab as well, but I don't think this is the same here. Any pointers are welcome! Thanks.

2. Denys Dmytriyenko

Here's the pic.

Attached Files:

3. polylac

polylac New Member

what are your settings?
    perimeter?
    infill?
    line width ?

4. Denys Dmytriyenko

ok, figured it out myself. Strangely, the model cannot be sliced properly with Slic3r 0.9.9 (default one I got with Repetier for Mac) and requires Slic3r 1.0.0RC...

5. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

Denys, it always pays to take a close look at the Slic3r results before printing. Sometimes it does some crazy things for no good reason. I noticed that they just released version 1.0.0.RC3 today.

6. Denys Dmytriyenko

SteveC, that's what I got and am printing those feet again. This time I checked the output of Slic3r before starting the print :)