1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AlienBeans, Feb 14, 2019.

1. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Be careful with the PetG temperature. As I understand it, too high of a temperature might cause the PetG to burn in the hotend leading to a clog. The little bit of PetG oozing from the nozzle is common. You might try increasing the retraction distance for the PetG in the material profile in Cura.

2. Mythic268

Mythic268 New Member

This is quite useful. Thank you for include this in your list. I've had a printer for three days and am experiencing the issue described here: "Very obvious lines on the bottom layer." I'm hesitant to move the head closer to the bed because it's already difficult to level this print bed. I'm blaming myself for not investing in a printer with auto-leveling capabilities.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The R2 does have autoleveling, but it is not what I would call great at it.
    On all of my printers (except the resin priters) I use manual leveling and some of them I will let the autoleveling fine-tune that.

4. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I have done two things to improve the R2 auto leveling. I now use the BiLinear auto level with 25 points (5x5 grid) and I am using the latest Partsbuilt version of the IR board. The new version only functions as digital ( it will not get confused) and the micros are individually calibrated for frequency. Individual calibration greatly improves the accuracy and repeatability, as it keeps the code running at the desired speed.