1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer runs checks then stops working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Tony223, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Tony223

Tony223 Member

would this be the right part? when you read the reviews it describes almost exactly the issues I am having.

https://www.partsbuilt.com/robo-r2-pogo-adapter-print-bed

I would be willing to wire around it as well. I am trying to figure out the information on how to do it.

I would buy you a beer if I could,, thanks for all the help.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes that is the part. If you want to keep it then replace that ... the down-side to keeping the pogo pins is that you may still have issues again. It is not that expensive of a part so if you rather keep it -- go for it. The mod they did to the printers was to remove it. This left the bed not as removable, but you can solve that with beefier connectors (Anderson Power Pole or Deans connectors for examples). Get some rated at 15 amps or more and you will be fine. On my R1 I swapped to Anderson Power poles myself.

3. Tony223

Tony223 Member

Fantastic, I ordered it and hopefully it solves the problem for the time being.

I should go the route you said and I may still. I am trying the quickies simplest (for my skill level). But I may hit you up for further if it fails again.

thank you

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The only thing I was hoping to get from the logs was the error saying that it failed reading the bed temp.
    However all of the other symptoms are a match so this part should sort it.

Tony223 likes this.
  5. Tony223

Tony223 Member

The problem appears to be sorted out. Thank you for your help, I have one good print in w/out loosing bed temp !

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Please keep in mind that if this problem should reoccur, you might want to look at the power supply for the printer. Several members have reported that they had unstable power supplies causing similar errors.