1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Printer shut down mid print won't turn on

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jcop21, Feb 19, 2019.

1. jcop21

jcop21 New Member

New to all this and just watched my printer completely power down mid print and will not power back on...umm help?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Did the power cord get unplugged ?

I’d there is no power it sounds like a blown fuse or bad power supply. If it turns back on when it cools down there is a small fan on the bottom of the printer front right corner when looking a5 the Robo lettering that cools the boards. If it’s faulty it can do all sorts of weird stuff

3. jcop21

jcop21 New Member

Thanks so much for the quick response.... the cord is plugged in , I've unplugged and plugged back in.. its been off for about 40 mins still will not power back on. nothing else shut down so don't think its a fuse. I'm assuming its a bad power supply but not sure now where or how to get it replaced?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

On the back of the Robo next to the power cord is a cover(black) that has a fuse in it. Check that fuse. If it’s ok you’ll want to remove the bottom cover of the printer and take good photos of everything so we can have a look with you.

I’ve bought this power supply for the R1 series before. Shop around for the best deal or preferred brand :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D7CWSCG/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is a beast to swap simply because the power supply is pressure fit into the bottom of the case, but it will slide out with encouragement.
    Other than that it is not a big deal and not expensive :)

Geof likes this.