1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printing too large

Discussion in 'Community Recommendations' started by Raymond Ramirez, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Raymond Ramirez

Raymond Ramirez New Member

I have a 3d r1, my z offset is off and cant figure out how to correct it in the settings, one thing ive figured out the other day is that i can manually adjust the z axiz, up or down, so i did and then it printed , Yeheyyyy.
    then after printing one project for 21hrs, it came out bigger than what i expected, or its like stretched longer,
    Im using mattercontrol. seemed like all the problem started when i downloaded cura,, and my z offset went crazy then i just cant get it to print right anymore.
    and Yes i have uninstalled Cura, to see if it helps,
    Is there anyway to like reboot the whole system,start fresh, delete the software from my windows and reinstall everything , cause this came out of the box printing good, until i tried messing with arduino to do the reprap controller, which didnt work for me.
    then i dl cura , which made it worse cause it went haywire and moved too high that the wire got disconnected . 20181217_232816.jpg

Need help please
    btw . this is supposed to be the back casing for an xxl controller.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You need to (always) adjust the Z offset in the slicer startup script. Some have a specific place in the their UI to tweak it, but never depend on another having that so do it in the startup script and you don't need to guess. Your startup Gcode section should look something like this:

G28 ; home all axes
    M565 Z-1.0 ; set the offset for auto-leveling mechanism to 1.0 mm
    G29 ; run auto-level

You will need to adjust that Z offset number (up is a larger negative, down is a lower negative) until your first layer looks like this:

https://printedsolid.com/blogs/news/tagged/first-layer

Raymond Ramirez likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

As for your other questions you need to detail a specific list of the things you have tried/adjusted/changed or we can't begin to assist :)
    You know what you have tried, we don't

Geof likes this.
  4. Lilly John

Lilly John New Member

I have also the same problem. I am trying continuously to solve the problem but get failed every time. Even, I have checked the Facebook page for appropriate solutions but didn't found any answer related to this. What to do?

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

hi @Lilly John please fire up a new troubleshooting thread and tell us everything you can about your problem and what you've tried so far. I'm certain we can sort ya out.