1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Prints are about an inch off

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JeremyL, Jan 12, 2019.

1. JeremyL

JeremyL New Member

Still new to 3D printing, but I've noticed on a few prints and when it does all four corner checks and dabs a bit of filament, the front of the printer the dabs are in the bottom half of the heat icon, and then at the back of the bed they are about an inch off the heating plate. Where would I change that to move it up an inch so?

As you can see my print I was printing slid off the back and unfortunately warped as it wasn't on the heated bed, and you can see where it's testing the bed (red circles)

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ignore the markings on the bed. They are just decoration. The sports your probing are your printing area (ish). All normal :)

3. JeremyL

JeremyL New Member

I appreciate it, but the print needs to be moved up as the print is printing off the heated bed and warping. Shouldn't it stay within the lines (showing where the heated bed stops)?

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The lines are NOT an indication of where the heat6er is. As @Geof mentioned they are just decorative. The problem with the R1 series is that the heater only covers about 65% of the printable area, so all the edges are underheated. Glass is an insulator not a conductor of heat, so there is a drastic drop off of the bed temperature near the edges..

Geof likes this.
  5. JeremyL

JeremyL New Member

Thanks, I'll try and rotate it a bit more as you can see from the image (where the glue pulled up clean). Appreciate the assistance.

Geof likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can position the model anywhere on the bed you like in most slicers so if it really is too far off the center of the heater, just adjust it in the slicer 3D model view when you add the STL to be sliced.

The decorations on the bed were a stupid idea. Cool if they meant anything, but they don't

7. JeremyL

JeremyL New Member

Thanks, figured it out. I had moved the file, but Center on bed was still checked.