1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Pushing the C2 to its limit

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by colton81, May 13, 2017.

1. colton81

colton81 Active Member

messing around with Cura 2.5 i decided to try to push the soeeds on the C2. 125mms for walls and 150mm/s for infill and supports. Now rhis was with Hatchbox white petg needless to say it wasnt the best but i started fine tuning it. I started at .3mm layer height and it wasnt i would say horrible but for sure not that good. After changing settings and doing about 10 different prints i was able to get an acceptable print out of it. I will post pictures later of each setting for each print and you can give your 2 cents on it. I was however after changing the layer height to .2mm and speed for walls to 75mm/s with infill and supports at 100mm/s i got a print i was satisfied with given the layer height and it cut down the time from the standard Robo profile for .2mm layer height from 2.5 hours to 1.25 hours and it came out pretty good compared to the original profile. Now the only issue i have found is at these speeds it seem that the supports are for some reason harder to remove so i am still trying to get that figured out.

Also this is with petg which is harder to print with at least from my experience with PLA.
    Who else has pushed their C2 to the limit and how much time were you able to cut down?

2. David Mrazik

David Mrazik New Member

I'd like to at least get mine to print properly on 2.6.0!!
    Printing my test ring, I was able to shave down a minute or so, but my print qualities have been so bad that speed has been put on the back burner. I just want a good "control" to go by.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

You gotta remember cura is ultimaker powered, its geared for their machines expecially on new releases. I use it on mine (ultimakers). Youll really need to look at your settings and test/adjust to get her tuned in. When you do it may be helpful if you post your profile for others :)

#3 Geof, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
  4. David Mrazik

David Mrazik New Member

Good point. I guess i'll just have to test to perfection. I'll be sure to post profiles once I have them dialed in

Geof likes this.
  5. David Mrazik

David Mrazik New Member

Hey guys,
    Today I decided that I'm going to start over with the profiles and migrate them over exactly as I did before to create a reliable copy of Robo Cura's version of a 0.1mm profile
    I'm using Robo Cura 2.3.1 as the OEM and Cura 2.6.2 is what I want to use in the end. Due to the fact that 2.6.2 connects to the printer directly, has new features I want to be familiar with, and is updated regularly.
    I'm using this Ring from Tinkercad to test in a short period of time (20 minutes, incl. Raft)

2.6.2 has settings that need to be double checked when you import the profile. I opened both programs side-by-side and made sure the numbers were as close as possible. There's quite a few that were off, which may explain why my prints were failing, especially the raft.
    Once the numbers matched I printed off these 2 rings as seen in the pics below.
    Robo Left, 262 on Right
    TOP, BOTTOM
    Interestingly, the print from 262 came out better, even though the settings are pretty much the same.

I've attached the profile I'm using and have been testing using small adjustments here and there to get the bottom of the ring looking better, but so far, nothing giving me an idea that I'm making the right adjustment.

Attached Files:

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

The TinkerCad link wants credentials, for what it's worth.

7. David Mrazik

David Mrazik New Member

Ahh. Thanks for the heads up. I'll make it an .STL available here.