1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Questions before Buying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Taylor, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Taylor

Taylor Member

Hi guys,Sorry if this is the wrong place or been asked before. This is my first 3D printer that Im looking at buying. Ive saw some videos that there has been some problems with the extruder jamming and overheating or the circuit board overheating and such. I did see that ROBO is now adding a fan to the circuit board to help cool things but is all the other problems worked out? I just don't want to buy a printer and right away replace the print head with a better one. I just want to get it and play. lol Thanks for any of the help guys.

2. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I bought the stock Robo in Nov 2013

I too was concerned when people were replacing their hot end because of PTFE issue. I contacted support and they stated that there is no longer a problem with PTFE since they change to another hot end. I got my Robo and found no issues. It did have a fan added.

I am going stock for now. No need to upgrade to E3D or any other parts since it is printing.

But at least you do have options if you want to upgrade parts.

No jamming so far and no issues with heated bed. All seem to be working just fine. Go for it. You'll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Taylor

Taylor Member

Glade to hear. Thank you Peter! Is there a warranty that comes with the printer. I know silly question but finding out the makerbot doesn't come with one and its an extra expense was a Major turn off. Is there anything else I should expect from the unit or know when first getting it? Thank you so much!

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I believe they offer a 90 day full service warranty, as long as you don't mess with the electronic wiring.

Though as it's a small company they probably will be more than helpful if an issue does arise several months down the road. Though besides a stepper motor failing I can't think of much that would need warranty coverage

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Read over the forum, especially all the solutions to problems. It's not rocket science but it is not fool proof either.

6. Drew Eby

Drew Eby Member

In terms of warranties we offer a 30 day guarantee. If anything is a problem with the machine such as part failure or breakage during shipping we will replace it. If you personally damage the machine somehow we will help you fix it, but you may have to buy replacement parts yourself. For example if you drop the bed and crack it.

7. Brian-UK

Brian-UK New Member

I got my printer last week and have been changing components on the ramps (I think I might of invalidated my 30 day warrantee hehe), adding mods, adding controllers but I just can't help myself.

You don't need to do anything of this as long as you have a little patience when you start it will take you a few hours to get the hang of it, that being said I imagine every 3D printer is the same. I've had mine a week and I'm loving it. I have to say the members on the forum here have been really helpful and even if you did tinker with your machine and damage something it's all pretty easily replaceable. As with any issues the guys here have been more than helpful and the community Robo3D seem pretty active in resolving anything that doesn't work. I think the biggest problem I have at present is what to print next :D

Brian

2 people like this.
  8. Jack

Jack New Member

I just ordered mine 2 days ago... plan to make models for sculpting (wood carving). What was the lead time after you ordered until delivery, if I may ask?

9. Brian-UK

Brian-UK New Member

Mine was 8 weeks but I don't know how long they are atm. I'm loving it though well worth the wait :)