1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Quick print for a fundraiser?

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Printed Solid, May 3, 2013.

1. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I just learned that last night a family friend lost all of their possessions in a house fire. Nobody was hurt.

I would like to print and 'sell' something as a fundraiser where all the proceeds go to the family and the price I charge is up to the person buying it with a suggested minimum. I'm thinking something that can print in 30 mins, max of an hour. I really like the ultimaker robot keychains, but maybe there is something that might be more universally appealing?

Any suggestions of models I can use?

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey printed go ahead and use those tangles just call them something different "connectoids" maybe I do not know the three sizes are available here I would recommend the 31tangle it had a ball size of just .1 mm over the shaft size I would put 18-20 in a chain so you could easily do several change in one printing.

That's all I got.

Hope everything works out for your friend

3. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

find 10 customizable things on thingiverse and give them an option of what they want and let them customize it.

4. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Thanks guys.

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I forgot all about my tesseract here is that .stl file Not sure how it prints but it looks good in those three colors

Attached Files:

6. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Thanks again. This project is all about quickly raising cash to help my friend, so I'm printing up a bunch of glow in the dark creepers right now for $5.

If anyone wants to check out my facebook page or blog and share, retweet, whatever, it would be greatly appreciated!