1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Quick release screw won't unscrew

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cody Holland, Nov 8, 2016.

1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. I have a refurbished unit and they took care of me the couple times I had things break or missing. I really can't believe they said that. So what part exactly did you break? Will you be able to print a new one? I have the models if you need them. If you don't think you can print a new one, let me know and I can send you one to replace it.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

Well lucky that was a hypothetical situation, but very good to know!

3. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

Aww thank your so much, your so nice! As of right now it's was just hypothetical, I was hoping it would make me feel better lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

So I now have to send my printer back, ground shipping (their cost) and they will me back another one (ground at their cost) once they inspect my printer, so it will be like another 3 weeks before I actually get a working printer that I payed for.....

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Cody,if it were me I don't think I'd accept that. If the screw is the only thing wrong I'd try to get a flat head on it and break it free or loosen the back screw may be enough to get the extruder out, then print a replacement? I'd think they could do better than a 3 week lead time or something

6. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

I literally can even get a flat head between the plastic and screw it's almost flush together... I am so disappointed with Robo3d right now. I replied to the email on my Case 9 hours ago asking why it wasn't going to be overnighted since I was shipped a defected printer and I never got a reply. I called just now and the guy on the phone very rudely told me that I could only be helped by the guy who emailed me and I would just have to wait for a reply or deal with the ground shipping. I am so glad I haven't so my M3D micro yet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

hang in there Cody, once you get past the quality issue your having I'm sure you'll enjoy the Robo more than the M3D. They are good printers! Can you share some photos of your part and maybe we can come up with an idea to get you running again?

8. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

I hope so, cause i only changed from my M3D mostly cause of bad tech support... irony much? =/
    I tried getting a flat head and a exacto under it last night and I could never get a "gripping" place for it to go

Attached Files:

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

gotya. judging by the looks of it i can think of a few ideas. one is a dremel with a very small disc on it. use that to make a flat head slot in the bolt. remove the bolt and replace. the 2nd and easier is to take a larger screwdriver to see if the tip of it will seat better than the small one they included (I think that small one belongs in the trash :D). I use a number 2 phillips stubby with a large cushion handle (helps add some torque)

10. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

*fake Wines* UGH so much work to get a new working printer!!
    lol
    I will the the second idea first (even though I didnt get a screw driver with mine, besides the micro one that was lodged inside of the wires in the bottom) so i have been using a large one from Lowes

11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

something that may help is to push hard on the screwdriver handle while holding the x carriage down. If they torqued it that hard its going to be a bit of work to get the screw out. once the screw is out throw it away and put a new one in :D .

12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

That is our hobby in a nut shell :D

Rigmarol likes this.
  13. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

Not with my M3D :p

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

lol you might be the only one I've ever heard that had a good experience with them (mostly complained about instanely long print times)

I got to play with one the other day and my word....probably at least 4x slower than any of mine :p

15. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

I didn't know it was slow until someone else pointed it out to me recently lol, I just used to set it before I sent to bed and work and would come home to a new print lol

Geof likes this.
  16. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

now just think of how big a print you'll be able to do in the same amount of time :D

17. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you go 'big bore' with a volcano you can spew out filament like a geyser....

18. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Still scared to have a volcano in my house ;)

mark tomlinson likes this.
  19. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

1.2mm at 4000 mm/sec....ummmmm. :)

Geof likes this.
  20. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Just don't forget your Ruby slippers

"There's no place like G28...there's no place like G28 ...there's no place like G28"

#40 danzca6, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Geof and mark tomlinson like this.