1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Quick update, but lots to say!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Harry, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hi Backers,
    A few things we wanted to tell you all in regards to what is going on here at RoBo Headquarters and according to what some people have been asking about:
    1) RoBo 3D Filament has been shipped! It will be here towards the end of April and will be available on our website to buy.
    2) The forums have over 130 discussions, 1K+ messages, and over 235 members!
    3) Another set of CNC parts have arrived and we are going to work on assembly videos as we wait for the final molded parts to arrive. We estimate we will get them at the end of April, but the middle plates we are expected to get soon and then we can begin further pre building printers into the middle plate (which will again reduce the time spent to build the final printers when the rest of the parts arrive)
    4) Quick note, we have been doing rigorous testing on the y axis with two different options, the lm8uu bearings with smooth steel rods and a slider type of linear motion system. With the slider type, our precision and accuracy have proved to show more consistency with regards to printing parts. We believe that this is a minor change that will drastically improve RoBo 3D's capabilities.
    5) Taulman contacted us and we are going to be an initial tester of his new 645 nylon so we will be able to give feedback on that soon. http://taulman3d.com/645-samples.html
    6) We are talking amongst our team about doing a lifetime discount to RoBo 3D backers. for future upgrades because you have been so great and patient with us.
    7) Heat beds are on their way in. Power supplies are almost in. A final final bill of materials is in the works so we will have that shortly.
    8) And still wiring like crazy! Haha
    We are getting closer and closer every day! Rough estimate: First printers will go out End of April- Early May but we should be able to produce a lot more quickly by that time. We are doing everything in our power to get these out to you all. Please trust us in that respect. We also want to make sure these are quality printers and not rush them.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I wonder if they are talking about printed nylon bushings instead of bearing??? I've heard this also makes the printer quieter.

3. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I think they are talking about those 2 long pieces at the bottom of the photo, I think they are kinda like drawer sliders.

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

gotta love these updates

I have to say I am very excited about #6 in their last update that could be very helpful.

5. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

does the robo3d come with a glass build surface for the heated model? or do we need to buy that separate?

i can't imagine using wood for the build surface (just not durable) or just the heated bed without something on top to protect the heat bed and also give a nice flat surface to build on. (heat beds warp either up or down in the center, flat surface on top is needed to maintain even surface)

robo, is 10x10 borosilicate glass going to be an option??

6. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

They didn't mention it in the materiel list they posted before, so probably not.

7. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Does this help
    from the robo3d facebook page 1/2 acrylic build plates
    acrylic.jpg

8. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

that's for the non-heated model, abs model wont be using acrylic.

9. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Wouldn't it be a good time for an update?

I mean, if the molded casings still haven't shipped from Asia(China?), then the first printers can't be dispatched before mid May(at best).

Have the estimated dates changed again?

I'm not bitching. I would just like to know...

2 people like this.
  10. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey, we are working on getting an update.

2 people like this.
  11. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Thanks for the reply.