1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered R1+ intermittent print failures

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DRas, Nov 22, 2018.

1. DRas

DRas New Member

New user with a new R1+. I'm having trouble with prints intermittently (more failures than not though) failing. Sometimes within a few minutes of stating a print job, and sometimes an hour or more into it. Failures happening both tethered to PC and running untethered from the SD card. I have seen several reports of similar stoppages due to temperature falling off. I need to find out how to pull the error logs to see if that's what I'm up against or maybe something else. This is happening on several different types of models but mostly simply beginner type stuff from the included library of objects or downloads from Thingiverse, etc. Some of the models will print fine one time and fail the next time. Seems totally random. Using the PLA filament that came with the unit and MatterControl 1.5.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you are printing connected to a computer (via USB) and it fails look through the GCode console for your software and search the entire thing for errors. MatterControl information on GCode console is here. Look all the way back for errors...

http://wiki.mattercontrol.com/OPTIONS/G-Code_Terminal

If it is the "Temperature Fell too Much during print" error the details on sorting that are in the FAQ thread: http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/faq-r1-r1-series-printers.19735/#post-119221

#2 mark tomlinson, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. DRas

DRas New Member

Thanks Mark, I'll have a look tonight and let you know what I find.

#3 DRas, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2018
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

While your checking ensure the small fan on the bottom of your printer is running

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

ALWAYS a good idea :)

Geof likes this.
  6. DRas

DRas New Member

Checked fan(s) and all seem to be fine. Wiggled and jiggled connections for heater and thermistor at the hotend and all seemed OK. Printed three small jobs one after another with no issues. Go figure. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it crops up again. I'll try some longer prints and see if it can manage to get through those. Many thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.

Dave

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.