1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved R1 plus (0.25mm nozzle)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JWW, Mar 6, 2018.

1. JWW

JWW Member

I wanted to print something in PLA that I found on-line. The specs called for a 0.25mm nozzle, 20% infill and with PLA. There is a reason for the settings. Anyway my Robo R1 is completely stock.

Question;
    1. Are different nozzles sizes available for the stock hexhead? I assume filament size makes no difference and I can still use the stock filament (can't remember it's diameter at the moment)?

2. Any suggestions for a one off printing service that does quality work and will following printing directions.

Regards,
    -JW:

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Answers:

Unless there are a lot of fine details, the 0.40 mm nozzle is a good compromise between fast printing and detail retention.
    1. Yes any nozzle that works with the E3Dv6 (6 mm threads) works on the Hexagon hotend.Make sure you get nozzles for 1.75 mm filament.
    2. No suggestions from me.

3. JWW

JWW Member

Thanks very much .... I was told that the model must be printed with a 0.25mm nozzle. So just to clarify, I should be able to find a 0.25mm nozzle for my R1 plus hexhead. So are you then saying that a 0.25mm nozzle must also accept 1.75 mm filament? In other words they make a nozzle that is 0.25mm by1.75 mm filament (so to speak).

Thanks again,
    -JW:

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

5. JWW

JWW Member

I do microscopy at the sub-micron level and wanted to try this device before I tried to actually design one myself. I didn't see the ability to PM you on the forum. This is the model.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1424169

-JW:

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dm sent