1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R1 Plus - Error: "Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered!"

Discussion in 'Software' started by sampotter01, May 12, 2017.

1. sampotter01

sampotter01 New Member

Setup and connected printed in the MatterControl 1.5 software and geban my first print. The printer powered off about halfway through the print. I turned printer back on and attempted print again to experience the same thing. I then removed the printer from the software and set it up again and selected a default sample print from the MatterControl software "Calibration Circle" and the printer again shut off a little more than halfway through the print. I viewed the G-Code to see that there is the error "Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered!"

I called into support to get help and was told to replace the Thermistor. After waiting for a week to get the part and install it, I go to print and right after removing and reinstalling the printer in the MatterControl software I get the same error: "Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered!" and the Bed and Extruder temperature never even begin to heat up. Pressing the "PREHEAT" option does nothing.

Some of my settings and details:
    MatterControl version: 1.5
    Firmware Version: ROBOR1PLUSV1
    Extruder Temperature Setting: 210 degrees C
    Bed Temperature Setting: 50 degrees C

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

well, it is normally the thermistor :)
    However it can just as easily be:
    1) A bad connection in the wires to the thermistor
    2) a bad connection on the RAMPS board where the thermistor lands