1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R1 to R1+ heated bed.

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Scott Horan, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Scott Horan

Scott Horan New Member

I have the R1 and I've done the acme screws upgrades and I'm curious if I can just drop in the R1+ heated bed and will it's ribbon cable work right out of the box or will I need some additional parts. The R1 heated bed wires keep breaking on me and I'm getting tired of replacing the wiring over and over. My hope is they fixed that with the ribbon on the R1+ bed.

2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

It should. My R1 has the ribbon cable on it.

3. Scott Horan

Scott Horan New Member

I might have to order one and give it a shot.

4. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

PLUGS RIGHT IN , HOWEVER YOU DO NEED TO CUT ONE OF THE FINS OFF THE BACK AIR VENT TO LET THE CABLE GO THROUGH. MODIFIED ALL OF MY R1'S WITH THE RIBBON CABLE. YOU CAN ALSO JUST BUY THE RIBBON BUT ITS A LITTLE MORE WORK,

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Ocsff Please refrain from shouting (use of all caps) it makes for harder reading of your posts as human brains do not read letters but rather recognize shapes to identify words. Also, since yours was a reply to someone else, there simply was no reason to use all caps.

6. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

WW he might be a mainframe programmer and caps lock is just always on...haha....I remember those days...good old COBOL.

7. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

Yes , I just forgot to turn off Cap lock. Was designing on Inventor and putting text on a project. Sorry for the educate mistake I also am an old man Ha Ha and lucky to be able to get on a forum. I will watch out for that so it doesn't happen again.

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

No harm no foul :)