1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 error: Heating failed. system stopped!heater_id:bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stevendthomas, May 17, 2018.

1. stevendthomas

stevendthomas New Member

I was able to print just one ABS object with my new R2, then I got the message, "R2 error: Heating failed. system stopped!heater_id:bed" , and couldn't print anything else at 100C. This is a new unit. The pogo pins look fine, and the bed is properly seated. The pogo pins seem to have enough spring in them, and they always spring back to the correct position.
    If I try to set the bed temperature to 100C, it will fail around 90C every time. If I set the bed temperature to 89C, and then increase it in increments of 1C, then it will succeed in reaching 100C. However, this process takes at least a half hour, which I consider an unreasonably long wait for heating the print bed. If I try printing ABS at that point, it still fails because the print bed is allowed to cool during the pre-print procedures. It will not heat up again to 100C.
    • Is there some workaround for this problem?
    • Why doesn't the menu button for ABS pre-heating work?
    • Is there a permanent fix for this design flaw that will allow for more reasonable wait times for heating the print bed?

IMG_1020.JPG

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I think (not an R2 owner, @Geof and @WheresWaldo cover that) that the real solution is to eliminate the pogo pins which the v2 bed upgrade does. Ask them for it.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Indeed. Get ahold of Robo and tell them your having issues and request tech support help as well as the V2 heat bed. Calling them is the best approach. The other thing you can do is trace the wires from the pogo pins to the controller and unplug/replug it.