1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered R2 Printers!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by regor, Oct 14, 2016.

1. regor

regor Member

Where are the R2 printers being actually shown doing work, like printing?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't believe there are any videos. Seen interviews/streams with the c2 in the background but don't recall the big brother

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Big brother R2 isn't as close to ship as the C2. At least that is what Robo has mentioned in a few videos. I am not sure if they are still finalizing some tweaks or what. Even with the C2 printing you never get a really detailed shot.

4. regor

regor Member

That's why I canceled my order for the R2 on kickstarter. Gonna wait to see a working and reviewed R2. I find the cost with shipping not to be that good of a deal, especially when they are selling the R1 with free shipping. Asked the question why the shipping cost for US customers on their facebook page, but it got ignored.

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You mean on top of the higher price they were not including shipping? I didn't notice that when I looked, I had just objected to the initial cost, even for the early kickstarter backers I thought the price of the R2 was too much. If they are trying to push this as a consumer printer it needed to be less than $1000 retail. Most consumers still erroneously think a 3D printer is a PRINTER and not a manufacturing machine.

6. regor

regor Member

At the time I had chosen the $1099 program and they were charging me an extra $40.00 shipping to the east coast. Like you say not a very good offer for repeat customers, especially when my R1 was free shipping on Amazon, so I withdrew my kickstart offer.

7. regor

regor Member

Oh! Reason you didn't notice it about shipping is that is thrown at you when you submit for the kickstarter and give your payment info so they know where it's going to be shipped to and how to bill you.

8. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

So I didn't know you could back out of a kickstarter. Maybe only until the campaign is closed. Good to know.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, you can change your pledge amount at any time up until it closes.
    I have done that a couple of times. Sometimes you can only drop it to 1$ :)