1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 v2 Bed S3D First Layer Gap Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TransBat, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TransBat

TransBat Member

I did a long/narrow print (simple sword for an action figure) set diagonally across the C2's print bed last night (the sword tip/hilt come reach near the edges of the bed as seen in the photo gallery). I had a tiny bit of curling up at the extreme ends, so while I probably have a tiny bit more leveling to do, the results are very promising!

Manual adjustments using the LCD eeprom seemed to be working properly :) I'll report back once I can get to the R2 at my office.

WheresWaldo, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  2. TransBat

TransBat Member

I ran through all of the calibration steps we discussed on my R2 at the office this afternoon, and began to test print the same sword model I used on my C2. I've updated the gallery with pictures as the R2 transitioned to the 2nd layer and 3rd layers of the print. What a huge difference this calibration method has made! It doesn't take too much longer that the fine-tune wizards, and produced better results.

I'll likely tweak the bed level a bit more at the extreme edges for both my C2/R2, but thanks to all of your help, we definitely have a successful conclusion, and 2 fully operational printers, with refined S3D profiles to boot :D

WheresWaldo, Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. TransBat

TransBat Member

Just wanted to mark this thread as resolved. I managed to run an 18-hour print that used about 70% of the R2's bed, and other than a small tweak in temp that might be need for my eSun PLA+ filament (might boost from 205C to 210C), the print turned out fantastic! The gallery has the latest updated photos (newest at bottom).

The adhesion and first layer were great, and the print at .16mm layer height @ 50mm/s with 15% rectilinear infill (mean to switch to fast honeycomb, but forgot), using my revamped profiles in Simplify3D looks awesome. There's always room for improvement, but thanks to you all, my R2 and C2 are printing consistently amazing (especially for this rookie 3D Printer owner's first ever machines) ;):cool::D

mark tomlinson, WheresWaldo and Geof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.