1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Ramps LCD Issue

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by joecho, Feb 22, 2015.

1. joecho

joecho New Member

I recently installed Ramps Smart Controller and have run into one issue. After I put it on I flashed this software onto it (http://help.robo3dprinter.com/Wiki/RoBo_3D_Firmware). Non auto level version. Then I exported G code to my Sd Card. I plugged it into the controller and it worked fine. When I disconnected the usb from the computer my problem arose. The screen turned dark and when I plugged in the sd card it showed: Sd card inserted but on the next menu it should No sd card. When I connected the cable back to the computer it could read the sd card and the screen would be more bright. So now I can only use the sd card if the printer is connected to the computer which defeats the purpose of an sd card. What do you think I can do to fix this? Thanks!

2. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

I know there is something under my stock robo that draws power from the usb. A green LED stays on even when the printer is turned off so long as the usb is plugged into the computer.

You could try plugging your usb just into the wall with a spare phone charger. Though that is a bit more of a band-aid solution.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The Arduino itself.
    Parts of it are live off of USB power alone.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

As for the OP question, I don't have one, but there are a couple of different LCD screen options and one type works 'out of the box' requiring no modifications to the firmware. The other(s) do require tweaking and uploading the modified firmware.

There are threads specific to this. Search for them.

@Ziggy would know this right off the cuff...

2 people like this.